Tuesday 4 October 2011

October- Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and why I don't support Susan G Komen

So October is an important month for women. It's the month when we're all reminded to get tested for breast cancer, how to check yourself, and write a check and send it to some organization. There are walks and run and all sorts of activities that go to support the cause.

Well, one of the biggest breast cancer groups is the Susan G Komen for the Cure group. I'm sure they do lovely things for breast cancer research and funding. But they also support Planned Parenthood. As a member of the Catholic Church it stands to reason that I don't support or think that abortion is a good thing. I think that it's atrocious and shouldn't happen. And since Planned Parenthood performs abortion I just can't get behind them or any group that does. Though according to their website, the money they give to Planned Parenthood goes to breast healthcare, I just don't feel right donating money to a group who gives money to Planned Parenthood. I'll just have to find another organization to donate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment