Tuesday 11 October 2011

Real Life Willy Wonka

   I celebrated Columbus Day weekend with a trip to Apple Day, and I finished it off with a trip to Cadbury World. Robby said that it was Cad World and that the tour would be narrated by Hugh Grant. I told him that he hasn't been caught soliciting a lady of the night in ages. Our talks in the car are excellent. 
   Cadbury World is like real life Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory without Oompa Loompas. If there were Oompa Loompas I wouldn't have stayed, because that would have creeped me out. People just shouldn't be orange, I'm talking to you Jersey Shore cast. Sadly, you can't take pictures inside of Cadbury World, but I did manage to get some pictures. These are pictures of things that they won't mind getting out.

Technically this didn't have a sign that said no pictures, the factory room next to this did so I didn't take pictures of that. Plus, I though this was awesome. 

Inside the pretend candy shop.


My bounty. As you go in, they give you 2 full size chocolate bars (I ate one, so there's only 3), and then they give you another one halfway through. I did cough up the money for the Starbar though. 
   If you're ever in England and can get to Birmingham to go to Cadbury World, do it. And be sure you have a drink, because they give you 2 cups of melted chocolate. While it is delicious, it's very rich and milk is the only thing to cut down on the richness. Sadly, I only had Diet Coke, but it still worked. Now to finish my last chocolate bar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment