Saturday 14 April 2012

Instaweek

Instagram was introduced on the Droid recently (!!), and so I figured I'd start a new Saturday post all about my previous week in pictures.  Here are my favorites:

Sunday. The Easter eggs waiting to be found.


Frodo! This car was in front of me in the parking lot out from lunch.


We played MASH at coffee on Thursday.

Road trip essentials.

After too many thrills on the roller coaster, a mini-feast was in order. 


   This week I spent Easter at home with all my family. Monday I had lunch with my friends and saw this awesome car; if you know this person, I want to be his/her bff. Tuesday was no very memorable; just like Wednesday. Thursday, at coffee we played the ultimate in 1990s fortune telling, MASH. It seems I'll be marrying Matt Smith from Doctor Who next year when I'm 23. Friday was UGA night at Six Flags in Atlanta. I brought my favorite things for the car ride: a Neil Gaiman novel and Diet Coke. And lastly, we stopped at McDonald's for food to feel better after getting stuck on a roller coaster. That's right, I got an Oreo McFlurry, 2 cheeseburgers, fries, and a Diet Coke. 


   The roller coaster story:
    I was with my Six Flags group and we all hopped on the Georgia Scorcher for one last ride before departing for Athens. Well, we got on, strapped in, and were on our merry way up the first hill when the cars stopped. Just stopped on the first hill, a very steep hill. I couldn't tell you how long we were up there, but it felt like 15 minutes. Fifteen minutes is too long to ever be on a roller coaster. The staff guy came along and told us that they were experiencing technical difficulties, and that they didn't know when we'd get moving or know when we could get out. My friend was really worried, and had a minor panic attack. The guy kindly informed her that he couldn't get her out unless there was a real emergency or unless she got sick. That was when she contemplated making herself sick. Not long after that, we started moving, and in no time at all we were all happily on solid ground. We immediately headed to guest relations, and told them how great the guy on the ride was. My friend got a free drink, and we left for McDonald's. There, we feasted like royalty. If royalty will eat McDonald's in copious amounts. Good times. 


1 comment:

  1. One of the blogs I read (http://alittledashofash.blogspot.com/) does a great Instagram link-up every Monday if you're interested. I know how exciting it is as a fellow new Droid user lol.

    ReplyDelete