Tuesday 3 January 2012

Moving

   Moving is stressful. In that, I don't know what to expect.

    Then, there's my book hoarding.

   My book hoarding has never held me back. I don't have an overly large amount of books. I have your standard amount of, well, what is the average amount of books people own? Let's say that the average person owns 100 books. I own more than that. Maybe. I've never counted. I could count, but that would take more time than taking them off the book shelf and gently placing them into a box.

 
   Book hoarding is also accompanied by a book shelf that is too tiny. I have a tiny book shelf. Sure, it could hold a lesser reader's book collection, but my books have varying heights, thicknesses, and putting paperbacks and hardcovers together is difficult for me. Not really! Who is that mental? I'm sure if I worked on it, I could have those problems. Since my book shelf's storage is limited, I gathered some plastic egg crates from my parents' garage. Will they miss those crates? Probably. Will they ever get them back? Well, if they don't mind that the crates are now hot pink, and I've invested in a bigger book shelf, they are welcome to them. That's right, when I move into my new apartment, I will have my tiny book shelf with a side of hot pink makeshift book housing.

  Along with hoarding books, I've also amassed quite the collection of scarves. How did this come to happen? Scarves have never been a big part of my life, but somehow I have enough to fill a duffel bag. Some might call that "not hoarding," but it's what I like to call ridiculous. (that was a Miranda joke, watch it, love it.)

   Now I have to go watch some quality TV, think about book shelf paint colors, and plan tomorrow's packing activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment