Tuesday 3 January 2012

2012

   I didn't make any resolutions this year. I decided that trying to do something new that seems unattainable is a sure fire way to let yourself down. That only means that I've decided to improve upon things that I already do. Goals are easier (read, better) than saying, I will go to the gym 5 times a week or I will get more organized. I don't want to go to the gym. I hate the gym. There's all these people who look at you, and it's fully of sweaty gross people. The gym is not my scene. Not at all. So instead of resoluting (this is not a word, but it is now) to go to the gym or lose weight or become organized (it's always a work in progress for me, organization)I set two goals.
   My first goal is to improve my running enough to be able to run a whole half marathon. I already know that I won't be running this half marathon until late, super late, into the year. That's not keeping me from trying though. So between now and possibly November, I'll be running lots of 5ks.
   My second goal, is to find a job after I graduate this summer. With this crazy economy, that might not be a goal that's even possible, but I'm willing to give it a shot.
   I have a feeling that 2012 is going to be a good year, and not just because the first part of The Hobbit is coming out. Though that is a major event I'm looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment