Thursday 26 January 2012

Like, let's talk.

  As a child and family development major I spend a lot of time in a hall with sorority girls. There is nothing wrong with sorority girls. They seem lovely. Except for this one thing that they so like to do.
  That would be like. Oh I don't, like, um, it would be like this thing. It's like, they don't like even know what they're like doing.
  That's what it is! They say like! All the time! Every other word! It's maddening. And I've started keeping a daily tally. It's such fun! I think today's tally was nearly 50. For one class! I'm not sure I can handle this kind of failure to think about what is coming out of your mouth.
   So since these girls have a hard time not saying like every 40 seconds, I'm come up with a better filler word: potato.
  It's just potato, or um, potato. It sounds so much nicer!

No comments:

Post a Comment