Monday 14 November 2011

York. The Old One.

   This past weekend, the boys had several days off from school, so Sara and I decided that a trip was just what we needed. Of course, we decided this while Robby was away. We have some entertaining ideas. If I were to list them, you might start to think that we need psychological assistance. We like to think that we have brilliant plans that should be put into immediate use. Sadly, we aren't in charge anywhere.
   On to our actual trip! We decided on Wednesday that we'd go to York and leave on Thursday. This is how all vacation planning should be done. Right before you want to leave, especially if when you want to leave is on a weekend that's also a federal holiday. I'll be a travel agent one day, and also a life coach (because my brilliant ideas should help you make your life better, and it'll be better when you do things the Sarah-Way.). So Sara called and made us a hotel reservation. This is no small feat considering there's 9 in our party. The 6 boys and the 3 grown ups. Though, I'm quite certain that the grown up title isn't really a good match for me. Maybe it's because I still live at home and such. Anyway, we had a hotel and were ready for travel.
Because of Doctor Who, I am now wary of any and all angel statues. 

A coffee shop that was right on the river. It was precious.

York Minster

I felt that the shop owner must be a good person. That means that she or he likes Harry Potter.


My first Christmas lights sighting!


Walking the Roman Wall.





A weeping statue! Scary! 

Shambles. It was adorable! 



The thing to gain from this. York is amazing! If you find yourself in England, make it up to York.

No comments:

Post a Comment