Friday 25 November 2011

My runs here lately

   Running has become a daily (well, weekday daily) thing. I never anticipated such a thing to happen to me. A couch loving, perpetual napper, book reading kind of girl. It did though, and I have to say, I'm happy every time I get my butt out the door to run. This week, I finally ran a distance (it's not a mile, but I'm a beginner, a slow beginner) that would be long enough to prevent me from getting eaten by zombies or trampled by Death Eaters at the Quidditch World Cup.
   This past week, I finally ran more than 1/2 a mile! I know, it's not a long way or even a race-able length. For me though, this is a big development. I've never been able to run more than 40 feet without wanting to stop. It was amazing! I have said about a zillion times that I never thought I'd love running, but I love it every single time I'm out there!
    Running all that way made me feel so much better about all the time I spend away from the house to run. It made me realise that all this time I'm spending isn't being wasted, especially since I'm able to go farther and farther. I just want to jump up and down thinking about it! I'm absolutely mental.
   Now I just have to think about my next pair of running shoes...

Oh Homer, you make me feel better about my running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment