Saturday 24 September 2011

Books 2

      Since my last book post writing, I've read 3 and a half books (not that I'm one to brag, I would never brag). Since two of those books are part of a trilogy, I'm only going to write about the first one, it's part of a trilogy too, but the second part of it hasn't come out yet, so onward!

      Once again, I read a book by Meg Cabot, I love Meg Cabot, and I'm hoping to one day be able to finish the Princess Diaries series. No, but really, I love Princess Mia. This book had nothing to do with Princess Mia or New York City or you know normal teenagers. This book had to do with death, and diamonds, and a Fury. Good times. If you are unaware of what a Fury is, I suggest Edith Hamilton's Mythology, not Wikipedia.



     Abandon by Meg Cabot is a story about a girl who has died and come back. The story doesn't start with her death or with any deaths. Pierce is the girl who has died, and now she can't seem to get away from the boy she meant when she died. The book starts with Pierce settling into her new house away from where she died, and starting out fresh. She's got a long way to go though if she thinks she's getting away from the boy she met after she died, and an even longer way to go to get away from those who want her dead, for real this time. 
     
      The story was a little slow to get started, but since this is the first book of a trilogy that's forgivable. Building the characters is really important in my book. I love a series with characters that have a story and that you can build a relationship with. Even though book characters aren't real, I have a running relationship with almost every character from several books I've read. I can only hope that for the next book, that Pierce gets some more action. Not THAT kind of action, action that involves running from Furies. Not sexy time, she's only 17 and way too young for that. Also, in the next book, Underworld, I'm hoping for some more Persephone-esque mentions. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment