Tuesday 8 May 2012

The dark and scary

   Ah adventures. They are so fun! Well, they are better when you are better prepared and have the proper footwear. This adventure was excellent. Luckily, I was there to be the slacker voice and the wimp voice. Myself and a few of my friends went on the trifecta of adventures. To run the bases, sneak into the stadium, and climb the coliseum.
 
   We started our adventure with getting into the baseball field and running the bases. We walked around the field looking for the best way onto the field. We though about climbing and which way would be the best. I stood in the back while all this was going on and thought about how much I could not go to jail. Well, we did find our way in; there was a gate unlocked and level with the field. Brilliant. We got in. My friends ran the bases, and I kept a look out. I'm a nervous nelly, so I couldn't fathom running the bases. They ran them, and we were off to our next adventures.

   After the baseball field, we went to the stadium and searched for the best way in. We had heard about some tunnels that lead into it. Of course, these tunnels started in the cemetery. It was dark, and the cemetery was locked up tight. I thought at this point that the adventure was over. No, we went to the student union and climbed down to the creek that ran into a tunnel that supposedly goes to the stadium. It was very well lit. Easy to climb in, and did not lend itself to injuries. I meandered down to the creek, after removing my shoes and thinking that this was disgusting. We walked down the creek to the tunnels. We picked the one on the right. It wasn't lit. It had 2 inches of water in the bottom of it. It was completely sanitary. Me, being absolutely mental, LOVED it. False. I'm just glad I made it out alive without a scary movie remake. It did make for a good story. I was quite certain that we would be caught, arrested, murdered, raped, any of the above. And nothing bad happened at all! Ahh relief.

  Finally, we had to climb the coliseum. I couldn't. Walking by the climbing wall at work makes me dizzy. There was no way at all I'd be climbing a giant building. So they climbed. Well, slid up on their behinds. It was quite fetching. Especially for girls. The best part was, they climbed, several people saw us, and someone called the cops. We luckily were walking away from the coliseum when the cops made it.

  I am up for adventures. I love them. But I like for them to be planned and well coordinated. Next time we will have headlamps, boots, and nerve. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment