Thursday 17 May 2012

Book Update

  Lately my laptop has been giving me heartache. :( But since it is up and running for now, here is what I've read lately.

  I read Lirael and Sabriel of the Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix. I loved them both!! They were the reason I stopped in the middle of Specials. The first book was written a good 10-ish years before the follow-up, and it shows in the book.
Sabriel starts off with her birth, and ends with her coming to terms with what she must do with her life. The best part of the whole book is when she and Mogget, her cat/magical-being, find a wooden boy who is too life-like to be a real carved boy. It's very lucky that she happens to find him and bring him back from his place between Life and Death. He ends up being a major player in the plot of this book and the following books. 

The only reason it shows is because Lirael is set fourteen years later and focuses on a completely different girl. Lirael also focuses on a boy too. Though in different times with different protagonists, the storyline in both is for the new Abhorsen to prevent a Greater Dead from returning to Life and bringing more Dead with him/her. The second book ended in a cliffhanger, and I am dying to know how it all turns out!













   After finishing Lirael, I started reading Fifty Shades of Grey. Boy was it scandalous. Very scandalous. In fact, if you read it, don't tell your Sunday school teacher or any teacher for that matter. If you do, you'll both end up blushing heavily. Trust me. I not only ready Fifty Shades of Grey, but the whole Fifty Shades Trilogy. They were all SCANDALOUS. But pretty good. Saturday Night Live got it right with their skit.





  That brings my total points for the book challenge to 70! Wow!
25 for Adverbs, 30 for Fifty Shades, and 15 for Why We Broke Up. (A new post!)

1 comment:

  1. I love that skit! And I read Sabriel when I was in elementary school and remember really enjoying it, but unfortunately it's been too long for me to remember many details haha.

    ReplyDelete